My Words to Victor Frankenstein: by Susan Stryker (via whatmonstrosity) —
House of Black | Astronomical Names
↳Sirius BlackSIRIUS — “The Dog Star”
ETYMOLOGY: Sirius comes from the Greek seirios (searing / scorching). In ancient times, Sirius rose before the sun during the hottest days of the summer (announcing the rising of the Nile River in Ancient Egypt). These days were known as the “Dog Days” of summer to the Ancient Greeks and Romans who believed Sirius was responsible for the extreme heat. Ancient Greeks also believed Sirius could have adverse effects upon actual dogs during the summer.
NOTABLE FACTS & FEATURES:
• Brightest star in the night sky.
• Binary Star system — Sirius A and Sirius B (white dwarf).
• One of the closest stars to Earth — 8.6 light years away.
• 26 times more luminous than the Sun.
• Part of the Canis Major (Greater Dog) constellation (one of Orion’s hunting dogs).
don’t do that, minato.
Ravenstag repair from AX Adventures in hopes it can survive SDCC tomorrow and make it to the Hannibal Panel.
(140/365) by (DS) —
Stuff I never posted: this Maleficent comic
I realize that it's hard when it comes to people my age in the business because it's hard for people my age in this business now to do anything substantial and be given credit and respect them.